Returns Policy for Cancelled Orders
DIY World Ltd t/as MODA Doors.co.uk hope that you will be fully satisfied with your products; however, if you are not satisfied with your goods for any reason we are happy to accept returns in accordance with the policy below.
Download our Returns/Exchange Request Form HERE
- We will only accept returns, with the exception of Special Order & Bespoke items, if they are sent back to us in suitable packaging within 14 days starting from the day after all goods have been delivered.
- You must notify us in writing that you would like to return your item within 14 days of receipt. Requests made after this will be rejected.
- If goods are to be returned for any reason other than manufacturing defects or damage, you will need to return the goods back to us, securely packaged and in the condition which they were received, at your cost via your chosen courier.
- If you live in the United Kingdom you have a legal right to cancel your order after you have received and inspected the goods.
- Should you decide to return the products you must notify us of the cancellation in writing (by post to the address below or by email to [email protected] marked “Returns”) within 14 working days of receipt of the goods.
- If returning goods you are under a legal duty not to use the products and to take care of them. This includes all packaging and labelling. Care must be taken to ensure that the goods remain in the best possible condition. Please take particular care with goods that are easily damaged or require erection or installation. If you need guidance on the best way to inspect any item without damaging it, please contact us. Use of the goods is deemed as acceptance. Use is any installation, namely cutting into a door to install hinges and handles for example, or any painting or treatment.
- No Statutory cancellation rights apply to products that have been specifically made to your requirements, design or measurements, such as bespoke sized door & door sets that are made to order. Goods made to a customer’s specific order or measurements will not be accepted for cancellation or return. This does not affect your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
- If you do not return the goods within 14 days of your cancellation notice, we may choose to recover the goods from you, and if we do so, to charge you for the cost of doing so. If, despite sending a cancellation notice, you do not return the goods or fail to make them available for collection within 30 days of your notice of cancellation, you will be deemed to have accepted the goods, at which point a new purchase contract will be made, and if we have already granted a refund, you will be re-charged for your order at the price set out on the web site.
- When you return Goods to us in a condition which indicates that they have been used or attempted to be installed or erected after you have had a reasonable chance to inspect them, we will consider you to be in breach of your legal duty to take reasonable care of the goods and reserve the right to recover appropriate sums from you.
- Refunds will be processed within 14 days of receipt of any returned items.
- Orders cancelled after dispatch will incur the loss of the delivery charge as the courier still applies these costs and the subsequent returns charge to the supplier (at the same value of the delivery charge)
- Returns are not accepted at our head office address and only at the confirmed supplier address by us.
Returns Policy for Damaged or Faulty Goods
- Upon receiving your goods, please check them within 7 days of delivery and notify us with images if there is any damage or faults by email or telephone.
- All goods are inspected thoroughly before dispatch, and are deemed to be in a saleable condition upon dispatch.
- Once delivered, goods are placed under your legal duty of care. This includes all packaging and labelling. Care must be taken to ensure that the goods remain in the best possible condition. Please take particular care with goods that are easily damaged or require erection or installation.
- You are entitled to inspect the goods upon delivery and we recommend that you do so thoroughly. Especially prior to working upon or fitting. You cannot return goods as damaged following any installation or erection. If you need guidance on the best way to inspect any item without damaging it, please contact us. Use of the goods is deemed as acceptance. Use is any installation, namely cutting into a door to install hinges and handles for example, or any painting or treatment.
- Upon receiving the appropriate evidence, we will investigate the issue and advise on the next steps.
- If opting for a collection / Exchange our couriers will contact you to arrange a suitable collection date. On receipt of the returned item and verification of your concerns. If opting for a refund, we will issue a refund once the items have been returned.
- Please include (where possible) with the Goods a copy of your internet invoice, cancellation notice (where applicable) or a written note of your name, address, e-mail address, order number and reason for return. This will speed up the process as we are able to identify the transaction.
- Returns are not accepted at our head office address and only at the confirmed supplier address by us. Please do not attempt to return goods without an authorised returns note.